Here is a link to the newly posted video of a blogging panel sponsored earlier this winter by the New England Science Writers, a local chapter of NASW. I moderated the panel, which featured a stellar group of health and science bloggers: Gary Schwitzer, who writes the Healthnewsreview blog, Daniel Carlat, of the Carlat Psychiatry Blog, Rachel Zimmerman, who curates WBUR’s Commonhealth blog, and Ivan Oransky, who writes Embargo Watch and Retraction Watch. About 60 local health and science writers turned out for the event at the Harvard Faculty Club, and as you can see for yourself, it was an informative and entertaining evening.
- Getting Screwed: Sex Workers and the Law now available as an audio book
- Alison Bass will talk about sex work and addiction at the West Virginia Addictions Training Institute June 12
- Legal prostitution zones reduce rape and sexual assault
- Nick Kristof plays fast and loose with the facts about Backpage — again
- How falsehoods about sex trafficking lead to violence at a pizza shop in D.C. plus a ruling on free speech